So here’s the board (it’s pre-photoshop so looks different to how I would do it now!) & the break down of all the items I specified.
1. We’ll use these gorgeous tree decals on the wall opposite the robe, so it’s the standout feature when you walk into the room. They are available from Etsy: Art Wall Project for $78 USD. Available in a huge range of colours, but we’ll stick with white (for the birds as well).
2. How cute are these elephant decals! Also from Etsy: Lola Decor, ($20 USD) these come in white as well and we need them to be facing right. These will go on the left hand side as you walk into the nursery, down on the skirting boards. I would go for Grey for the 2 end elephants & white pattern for the middle.
3. 3 of these elephant water colours by Etsy: Trafalger Square ($16 USD each), in simple white frames will go horizontally along the wardrobe wall (as you walk in, on the right hand side).
4. To add some colour & pattern to the room, I really like this mobile. Perfect for above the change table, I think it would be pretty easy to make (or you could buy from Etsy: Mere 1975 $40 USD). The one I’ve shown on the board, is gender neutral and not to tizzy or over the top (easier to see what it will look like on the Mere website)!
5. You might like a clock in the nursery and this one suit’s perfectly ($48 USD). It’s from Etsy: Decolab.
6. I’ve got a couple of elephant pillows for your rocking chair here…..one is a really neutral one & the other would be perfect for a boy colour scheme. The first is from Etsy: Red Door Home ($32.95 USD) & the other is from Etsy: Owl & Finch (an Australian seller for $19USD).
7. Now this is gorgeous! They come in different colours & will have your babies name as the pattern! From the Wallsticker Company for $80. Colour would be pending if you have a boy or a girl and not sure about location, but probably beside the window (on the right hand side facing it).
8. I would pop a couple of white floating shelves above the change table for some extra display space. Available from any hardware store and they start about $35 each.
9. Now you have a bit more display space, I love these cute white suitcases from Baby’s Got Style (I’d display them on your tall boy). Handy for popping in all those little items (Congratulation Cards, hospital tags etc)!
10. I love this very simple but effective idea. Spotlight sell individual letters, buy A, B & C and paint them in one of our colour scheme colours & pop them on the shelves above the change table.
11. Once your little one arrives, you could order one of the wooden name plates from Bambini Pronto.
12. A comfy chair is a must, which you already have! To make it suit the room, how about painting it white (ohhh do you feel like you could?) and cover the foam in some of this fabric from Kelani Fabrics. I’d also recommend getting a footstool! Perfect for elevating your swollen ankles and for Hubby to sit on to give your feet a rub! I have one of these (in white faux leather) from Fantastic Furniture which has been great (also helpful when you have to sit by the cot to pat bub off to sleep!).
13. Another customised print to order after bub’s is born! You pick the colours and all done….from Etsy: Babybyrds ($16 USD).
14. Because the room is so large, it needs to be grounded a bit (rather than have all the furniture floating around the edge). I’d love to see a fluffy rug, something like the Flotaki from Ikea ($149), in the middle of the room. It will also add some texture.
15. You’ll also need a side table for your bits & pieces when you’re stuck in the chair feeding! A touch lamp with 3 settings would be great for when you stumble in there at 3am! Beacon Lighting have a good range, but I do like the Jay Touch (just make sure it is a 3 touch one, you want very dim lighting at night).
16. Little baskets like these from Ikea or even Sam’s Warehouse are great for holding nappies, wipes, lotions etc. 2 or 3 on both shelves.
18. For your cot, I would just start off with a couple of plain white fitted sheets & a plain white blanket. You can get some gorgeous quilts like what I have shown, but I’d wait & see if baby is a mover (you might go down the sleeping bag path). Of course, they do look beautiful on display. The leaf one is from Etsy: Cocoaandmilkweed and cost $38 USD).
19. There are heaps of things I could show you that would look great on display, but these are pretty cute to. These blocks can come as they are or you can get them personalised, they’d look great on top of toy box. They are from Etsy: Tiny Giraffe for $15 USD.
Our initial palette will be very neutral. We’ll stick with your wall colour (Solver Smoke Pearl) but add the white decals to lift the colour, and add natural colours & textures in (bring out colours like the leaf rug, grey’s, burnt yellows). That way, once bub is born you can add Navy, Red & Green accents if it’s a boy or Red or Aqua if it’s a girl! Note: The colours I’ve shown on the concept board are just little bursts of colour (toys etc), the majority of the room would stay very neutral.
I’ll pop up some photos when we finish putting it together!